Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Why this blog?

I decided to start writing this blog after my sister told me that she had suddenly realized that our encounter with the lectures and writings of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf was in fact the answer to the silent prayer, a teenager made a few years ago after meeting Shaykh Abdullah Binbayyah...She was so struck by the light coming from him and felt so drawn to his words but despaired that she could never have the opportunity to learn from him and sit with him for Shaykhs of his stature are inaccessible (always surrounded by hordes of people or other knowledgeable scholars)...But Allah Almighty heard this silent prayer ; the words and teachings of Shaykh Binbayyah and more generally a condense of classical Islamic traditional knowledge such as it was taught by Mauritanian scholars became suddenly accessible to us the day we discovered Shaykh Hamza Yusuf.
In this blog I will introduce you to Mauritania (my home land) and speak to you about people who share inspirational verses of the Kuran, Hadiths and stories of the Sunnah and swap Hamza Yusuf lectures in order to keep trying to better themselves and be closer to Allah Almighty. I will also speak about the encounters I have had with many muslims, muslims to be and non muslims who have changed my life, if my journey carries any interest for you please feel welcome to join and to share with me your thoughts.



"Can we change by listening?Can we be so touched and inspired by words that we are moved to renew and remake ourselves as better, nobler, and more merciful human beings?The impact that good words have had on humanity throughout history resoundingly declares we can." Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, introduction to The content of Character.

No comments:

Post a Comment